skip to Main Content

Letters as Evidence

How can you use letters from doctors in court? It is becoming increasingly common for parties in litigation to attach letters from doctors as evidence in family law proceedings. Take a common situation where a husband and wife are embroiled…

Read more

Can I Change My Child’s Name?

What conditions must be met before a child in Ontario can change their name? In Ontario, the relevant piece of legislation with respect to this issue is called the Change of Name Act (CNA). Generally speaking, a child who was…

Read more

Shared Custody Arrangements

Shared Custody Arrangements and s.9 of the Federal Child Support Guidelines How do we fairly apportion responsibility for child support in situations where the child resides approximately on an equal basis with each parent? The Supreme Court of Canada’s (S.C.C)…

Read more
Back To Top